If you aren't sure exactly what this is, you should check out one of the last two episodes of the JetStream Podcast. But for those of you in the know, I'm happy to introduce the second round of the 'Winnipeg Jets Worst Case Scenario' showdown!
(Click image to view larger)
Our first match-up in round two of the bracket finds us asking you which of the following would be worse for the Jets:
Trading Evander Kane
AHL Demotion Worthy Seasons From Mark Scheifele and Jacob Trouba
Brief introductions to each side of the debate were made in Episode 39 of the JetStream Podcast, but here's a quick reminder of some of the points (both positive and negative) that the guys made:
Trading Evander Kane
- You are losing one of (if not the) best scoring forward the Jets have
- If you do lose him in this fashion, there is no way of him "coming back" from it, like there could be with demotions
- You're likely losing any trade in which you are giving up Evander Kane
- You are creating a huge hole in the lineup that won't be filled easily
- If you do trade him you are at least getting some return, a poor season from Trouba or Scheifele could be indicative of the player he truly is (they may never recover)
- You could kickstart a rebuild through the return you get for Evander Kane
- It could hamper the lineup enough that you drop down and potentially draft McDavid
AHL Demotion Worthy Seasons From Scheifele & Trouba
- You are creating huge holes in places of weakness for the Jets, that likely would not be filled
- This could be indicative of what type of player these guys are, and a sign of poor drafting from the Jets
- You would not be getting any 'return' if these two were unable to re-enter the lineup, it's simply a loss to the team
- Would leave the Jets, and possibly the players, questioning what the direction of this team truly is without a good "draft and develop" method on top of no trades
- It could just be a 'blip' in the long term career for the guys
- Time in the AHL for them to develop properly and avoid the likely 'cancerous' losing culture the Jets may have this year could be good for them as players
- Could result in a high draft pick (McDavid)
So What Do You Think?
So what is it Jets fans? Would trading Evander Kane, or AHL demotion worthy seasons from Mark Scheifele and Jacob Trouba be worse for the Jets?
We want to hear from you. New for this round, send in audio or a video of you making your case to jetstreampodcast(at)gmail(dot)com and you could be featured on the next episode of the podcast! You can also tweet your vote at us using #JetStream, or vote in the poll below and leave your explanation in the comments!