If you have no clue what this is, you should probably check out the latest episode of the JetStream Podcast first. For those of you in know though, here is match-up number two of the "Winnipeg Jets Worst Case Scenario" showdown!
Yesterday we saw 'Trading Evander Kane' take a huge lead over a 'Good Year for Pavelec', and today we ask you what would be worse:
AHL-demotion worthy seasons from Jacob Trouba and Mark Scheifele
A serious injury to one of Tobias Enstrom or Jacob Trouba
Brief introductions to each side of the debate were made during this week's episode of JetStream, but here's a quick reminder of some of the points made (both positive and negative) for each side:
AHL-Demotion Worthy Seasons
- Would have to raise questions as to what kind of (and how good of) a player Mark Scheifele really is
- Would start raising questions in regards to Chevy's drafting ability
- Would create some concern around Jacob Trouba's development
- Would create some huge holes in the lineup
- Could force Chevy into taking action and making beneficial moves to improve the team
- May result in increased chances of drafting higher and getting Connor McDavid
Serious Injury to Trouba or Enstrom
- Would create a gigantic hole in an already shaky defensive group
- Likely results in Pavelec having an even tougher time than usual
- Would cause some questions to be raised in regards to Trouba's development
- Would generate 'injury prone' discussions about either player
- If early in the season, could result in rushing the development of Josh Morrissey
- Could also force Chevy into taking action and making beneficial moves to improve the defense
- May result in Byfuglien moving back to defense
- Could increase the chances of a tank, and therefore Connor McDavid
So What Do You Think?
Which is it Jets fans? Would AHL-worthy seasons from Scheifele and Trouba, or a serious injury to either Trouba or Enstrom be worse for the Jets? Be sure to vote in the poll below, tweet at us using #JetStream, and state your case for which you think would be worse!