Hey all! As you may or may not have noticed today, there were a few upgrades made to the Arctic Ice Hockey site, along with the 300+ other sites on the SB Nation United network.
While we would prefer flaunting some of the new bells and whistles by covering the Winnipeg Jets, today's CBA proceedings remind us that may be a tad further into the future than most fans would like.
In any event, our tech team sent out an email late last night and asked our sites forward it to our readers so you can take note of the subtle updates made to the site:
- Increased the amount the number of recommended and recent FanPosts on the homepage.
- Changed the styles to improve scanning of FanPosts and FanShot headlines and new comments on the homepage.
- Added author bylines on Articles in the cover - Added indicator if articles or features are from another SB Nation site when placed on the homepage
- Added article headline to comments on user profile recent activity list for better reply context
- Reinstated the ability for users to add polls to FanPosts
- Reinstated accurate comment counts on StoryStream updates in the cover.
- Reinstated ability for authors to add custom captions to photos.
- Trending Stories are now relevant to league of the team or sport the blog covers.
- Fixed issue with Shift-A keyboard shortcut for comments not working properly in large threads.
- Fixed issue with logos that break out of the circle getting cropped.
- Fixed issue where new comment count was incorrect on FanShots posted from another site
- Fixed issue with filters not working on FanShot index page.
- Fixed Facebook login issues - Improved visibility of next and previous arrows on photo galleries.
- Added correct author names to the FanPosts page.
- Mobile optimization improvements
They have also crated a Version History page for SB Nation so you can see what updates have been made and on what date. Lastly, if you come across any bugs, errors, or other issues, then please politely contact firstname.lastname@example.org so they can help you out.
Feel free to provide your feedback in the comments section below.