Dude, what the hell happened? Sure, the first game I can't watch at all and the Jets party like it's 1979. Great to see we had that powerplay clickin', it's too bad Ondrej Pavelec had to get hooked in the first period to miss the fireworks. We rebounded on the strength of The Trololo Trio (Alexander Burmistrov, Nik Antropov, and whoever), and the deal was sealed by Chris Mason, who looks like his hair fell off his head and is barely hanging on to his chin.
As I said, I did not watch the game, so I have no choice to recap based off the comments of the AIH faithful.
|Final - 10.22.2011||1||2||3||Total|
Complete Coverage >
1st Period: 4:40 Carolina ES Goal, Jussi Jokinen (Chad LaRose, Jeff Skinner); 6:43 Carolina ES Goal, Jeff Skinner (Chad LaRose, Jamie McBain); 12:32 Winnipeg PP Goal, Alexander Burmistrov (Zach Bogosian, Kyle Wellwood); 19:58 Winnipeg PP Goal, Kyle Wellwood (Nik Antropov, Tobias Enstrom)
2nd Period: 4:29 Winnipeg ES Goal, Jim Slater (Tanner Glass); 6:07 Winnipeg ES Goal, Andrew Ladd (Blake Wheeler, Zach Bogosian); 7:30 Winnipeg ES Goal, Evander Kane (Nik Antropov, Mark Stuart)
3rd Period: 8:58 Carolina ES Goal, Tuomo Ruutu (Jeff Skinner)
Shots: Winnipeg 24, Carolina 24
- The Jets sucked until "canadian texan" started watching.
- Ondrej Pavelec was hung out to dry twice, Claude Noel yanked him, but nobody blames him. Jets were weak sauce in front of him early, and decided to throw in a dash of cluster-F for good measure.
- Burmi saved the game, then promptly saved a puppy from a drainpipe, a kitten from a tree, and kissed like 500 babies. He put that one top shelf...in my heart.
- Bustin Dufflin was dicking around down low, further fueling Arby's fire concerning putting him on the forward lines.
- Kyle Wellwood is a hell of a deal so far at $700,000 this year.
- AC Slater put it five-hole, because that's how he do, preppy. Then something bad happened to him, but they (appropriately) don't highlight that ish, so I don't know.
- "WinnipegTitanFan13" made a comment about the virtual advertising, at which point everyone in the room became wistful for the days of not having virtual advertising.
- Not commented on, but definitely visible in the game highlights, was Andrew Ladd's horrorshow face. I didn't think it was possible, but I think the guy had three black eyes.
- The MTS Centre crowd was hoppin'. It's great to get that home win.
- Pavelec slapped Chris Mason on the ass.