You can't hurt us anymore, we are in full tank mode. Screw the planes, I'm talking land warfare here. As a blog, we are so heavily concentrated on our mission that some guy tried to troll us and got crickets. This is no time to stop and entertain yapping children along the roadside, folks. We've got a war to win.
Oh, the game? According to media mogul Gary Lawless, we lost.
1st Period: No scoring
2nd Period: 3:58 Winnipeg ES Goal, Spencer Machacek 2 (Ben Maxwell 5, Mark Stuart 10); 4:54 Winnipeg ES Goal, Bryan Little 23 (Blake Wheeler 44, Andrew Ladd 21); 7:44 New York SH Goal, Michael Del Zotto 8 (Ryan Callahan 25); 18:23 New York PP Goal, Ryan Callahan 28 (Marian Gaborik 32, Michael Del Zotto 30)
Shots: Winnipeg 24, New York 28
3 Stars: 3. Marian Gaborik 2. Michael Del Zotto 1. Ryan Callahan
Thoughts From the Tarmac
- I love Spencer Machacek, and I hope he gets better minutes with the team next year...but let's be fair here: his goal was fluky. Coach Noel, favoring his top line in a pivotal game, only afforded the Tim Stapleton - Ben Maxwell - Spencer Machacek line about 4 minutes TOI.
- Ondrej Pavelec did not have a good game statistically, and he let in a couple of bad ones to boot. You have got to hold that near post, good sir. If our management lets him go, I hope he goes to a team that will treat him better, because he should be allowed to have games like this and not get hung out to dry as much as he has. Reminds me of a guy who received similar treatment, Kari Lehtonen.
- You read that right...we were up 2-0 on this team. For a second, it almost seemed like we wanted to win.
- To be honest, when Mark Stuart disintegrated his stick after the Stepan goal he made me feel ten times better. It's always nice to know that the players have a similar sense of frustration out there. I'm sure some of that frustration stemmed from the fact that Grant Clitsome was making some Ran_y Jones-like gaffes out there, too.
- There has always been a bit of bitterness about the fact that Bryan Little has never matched his breakout 31-goal campaign in 2008-09, but I'll tell you, 23 goals in 69 games is pretty good output from the guy.
- Jets fans, start your engines...