Easiest. Caption. Ever.
On Saturday Night in Winnipeg the New Jersey Devils make their first appearance since they were defending Stanley Cup Champions in the 1995-96 season. Much has changed since then...except Martin Brodeur. He's still chooglin away all this time later. he's like a Canadian Khabibulin that way.
The Jets enter this contest following a complete, if not convincing, game against the Coyotes on Thursday that saw the Desert Dogs defeated 1-0 in a game of mixed emotions for those in attendance. It was a good performance minus some of the (literally) bigger players for the Jets. And the way things are shaping up they'll be without them again and thus be forced to make due with what they have. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them maybe you can hire...the AHL team.
I love it when a plan comes together.
The last time these 2 squads faced off it ended up in a 3-2 OT loss with Adam Henrique scoring the winner. Losing in overtime sucks, even if it means getting a point on the road. The Jets should look to close out and win this one.
All they need to do is more of the same....except Andrew Ladd. He need to play better. Andrew...I like you...you're a competitor. You take shots to the face and keep on going. But if I start to believe I can stick handle better than you there are issues.
Also worth noting the Devils were in Minnesota last night, losing 4-2, so this is a back to back for them. taking advantage of such circumstances would be just peachy.
Keys to the Game, Player Numbers, Cake and Lineups after THE JUMP. It's going to be Legend
Wait for it
Dary. LEGENDARY! *self high-five*
Keys to the Game
- Please sir, I want some more: A replication of Thursday nights game would please me
- Power play could still stand to be more effective
- Adam Henrique: If he scores I'll be mad
- Martin Brodeur: Didn't escape the first period last night so I actually expect him to start again as Johan Hedberg did all the heavy lifting
- Bryan Little: Dynamic. As long as he and Kane are playing like this they are a constant threat to score
- Ondrej Pavelec: I don't know why he didn't use the force earlier in the season, but he's been top notch of late which is all a fan can ask, let alone some blogger "sitting in the basement in his underwear". P.S. Jay Feaster is an ass
- Shut down the weapons: The Devils have a few guys that have made names for themselves scoring goals. Don't let this game be an example of those abilities.
- Almost forgot...the 4th line looked mighty tasty last game. Steam Punk did a hell of a job.
Player to boo without mercy: Ilya Kovalchuk. He owns most of our franchises records. He gets paid to much. his name is Ilya. WHAT MORE IS THERE NOT TO LIKE?!
Prediction: Winnipeg 3-1 New Jersey
Should be a goodun. HOCKEY NIGHT IN CANADA, BITCHES
GO JETS GO!