In a must win for the Detroit Red Wings to maintain their Playoff Appearance streak that is older than I am, they deliver. Not without some help from our Winnipeg Jets of course. Winning 2-0 after one, the Red Wings dominated the next two periods to take back the win keeping a white knuckle grip on their Wild Card spot.
Moving on from this, the Jets return home to face Colorado before heading off for a western road trip starting in Vancouver.
- Is Buff hurt? Probably. He made these last games watchable.
- Justin Abdelkader's hit on Scott Kosmachuk was clean. That doesn't mean I didn't enjoy what Adam Lowry did. Even if it got him thrown out of the game.
- Tyler Myers redeemed himself early with that early goal, and then undid it later on by giving up a "gimme".
- Drew Stafford should always be with a defensive forward. His defensive game makes me sad.
- Marko Dano however, has made me pretty happy. I sense a new "Best Trade Ever".
- Dylan Larkin is really good.
- Mark Scheifele didn't stand out tonight, but keeps up his point streak. He gets better every game.
- Michael Hutchinson had a pretty decent game. I'd rather he be the back up next year than Ondrej Pavelec.
- This was probably Jacob Trouba's best game as a Jet this season. There is an obvious fanboy bias however.
- J.C. Lipon is looking more and more like a Chris Thorburn replacement. In a good way.
- Perfect game for the tank. The players actually seemed to care tonight and it showed. Despite the loss, the Jets are better off in the long term.
- Toby Enstrom looked to be shaken up earlier in the third. Is he hurt too? Welcome back Josh Morrissey!
- That was the sixth crossbar denial with the goalie pulled. The Jets' puck luck is fatal.
What did you think of tonight's game? Are you just ready for the draft? Let us know down in the comments!