Today I made the foolish mistake of not watching much of this game. I saw that the Jets were down 1-0 soon after the start and continued on playing Fallout 4 (great game in case you've missed out). After it was 3-0, I assumed it would only get worse and my recap was just going to be a review of Fallout 4, including metaphors from the post-apocalyptic shooter in comparison to the team. However, things never turn out the way I think they will and the Jets came STORMING back against the Lightning to force a shootout, only to wind up losing on a shot by first overall pick Steven Stamkos.
Bang for your buck tonight? Absolutely. I was foolish enough to miss a decent chunk of the game without even realizing. Trail 3-0, force a shootout, lose your number one centre, and Paul Maurice gets ejected. What else can you ask for?
- Pavelec is pretty bad. .808 SV%. The anti-tank folks can deny it all they want, but sending Connor Hellebuyck down to reactivate Pavelec was absolutely a tanking move.
- I love Paul Maurice's rage. It's about time someone shows some anger about the lackluster play. Should he have been ejected? Probably. But that official was a little too smug after getting rid of him.
- I seriously hope Bryan Little is okay. I'm all for Team Tank, but I don't want to see my players injured.
- Andrew Ladd has increased his trade value after tonight. Great game for the captain. Looks to have turned his game around.
- Can we talk about that hit on Nikolaj Ehlers? I think it was a bit more dirty than the one on Little.
- Fallout 4 is a good game, you should purchase it. It's a great distraction when you want the Jets to come back from a 3-0 deficit.
What did you think about tonight's game? Should Maurice have been ejected? Is the tank back off? Want to berate me for missing the excitement? Say it all down in the comments!