The final buzzer just rang as the Winnipeg Jets defeated the New York Rangers 5-2. After a pretty decent effort from the Jets, the work paid off in beating a solid Rangers team. Heading into the holiday roster freeze the Jets have the next two nights off, then head off to Alberta for a back-to-back against Edmonton and Calgary. Then it's Christmas break until the 27th where they return home against the Penguins.
- Congratulations to Chris Thorburn now the franchise leader in games played. (At least he's actually played in Winnipeg).
- To celebrate, Paul Maurice promoted Thorburn to the first line due to Andrew Ladd's penalty problem.
- I actually really like the third line of Andrew Ladd - Alexander Burmistrov - Nikolaj Ehlers. Just not with Thorburn on the first line.
- Blake Wheeler nets four assists.
- Bryan Little robbed of a hat trick by Andrew Ladd's empty netter.
- Joel Armia looked good. Take that Buffalo!
- Don't get too excited about this win, the Rangers were a tired team. Regardless, it was a good win.
- And Mark Stuart is the only Jets player who finished negatively on the fancy-stats chart. Almost a clean sweep.
Come on back to Arctic Ice Hockey for the next game talk, check out our podcasts and talk to us in the comments!