Atlanta Thrashers Winnipeg Jets took on the Winnipeg Jets, Phoenix Coyotes, Arizona Coyotes and gave them a resounding beating. The forward lines were a little scrambled as Evander Kane sustained a lower-body injury early in the game. The game was chippier than normal and featured noted fighter Blake Wheeler fighting (and scoring). All-in-all, a good night in Glendale.
1. I make it downstairs and my dog wants in. She is excited, I am excited (Habs won, yo) and my 'rents are excited. And then Blake Wheeler scores!! More happy. Then the Coyotes score and sads for all. And then Blake Wheeler with two quick goals. Wheeler is starting off hot.
2. Evander Kane caught some friendly fire from Mark Scheifele (where were you looking, Mark) and although he returned to the game momentarily, he has not returned.
WE INTERRUPT THESE THOUGHTS TO INFORM YOU THAT MARK STUART HAS SCORED A GOAL IN THE FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. DRINK.
3. The intermissions of the TSN big-boy panel is a massive improvement to the intermissions last year. I am missing the Bacon Wave and Zoomie commercials though. Bring those back for comic relief.
4. This game is salty. So many penalties. And I whenever I hear the name (Sam) Gagner, I think Simon Gagne and wonder when the 'Yotes signed him. And then I remember Sam Gagner's wild adventure and laugh.
MIKE SMITH EMBELLISHMENT COUNT: 1
5. No, Jets. Stop taking penalties. Mkay, decent job killing them off. No, you killed the penalty, you now go on offence. Thank you, Pavelec!?!?! So Pavs looked bad on the first goal and has had some dicey moments, but hasn't been bad.
I LIKE BIG BUFF AND I CANNOT LIE
6. The Jets look really good right now. And yes, I know the Coyotes are not so great, but the Jets look good and we should take that after last year. Also, is Grant Clitsome a healthy scratch? Glad Paul Postma is playing, but dat contract. (I was in class until 6, making supper until 7, and doing links until game time. I'm out of it.)
PardyOrr Sightings: 1
7. Score effects in action right now. And now Andrew Ladd takes a penalty and Scheifele on the penalty kill with Wheeler? Skill guys on the PK should be a thing for possession purposes. And Little scores on the PK and my skill comments makes even more sense now. Also, we have entered #HatTrickWatch time. Get Eric Boulton out of the books.
No official word yet from WPG on Evander Kane's apparent knee injury but there is considerable concern on degree of severity.— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) October 10, 2014
9. I heart Tobias Enstrom. Just a reminder that he is good at defence.
10. This game was refreshing to see. Losing Evander Kane for an extended period of time probably should lead to Eric O'Dell being recalled.
Elliotte Friedman dropped a late night bomb by saying it sounds like the Philadelphia Flyers are going to have Chris Pronger's cap hit to contend with when Pronger goes to work for DOPS. Who should we (fantasize) Kevin Cheveldayoff trading for?