After dropping their first three pre-season games, the Winnipeg Jets put and exclamation point on things with an ugly loss. The final score was
2. There wasn't a ton of good in this game. It started out ugly early with two full shifts by prospective 4th liners playing the Winnipeg Jets' famed 5 on 5 PK. This resulted in a goal against. The first of many.
3. Now to be fair, this was hardly an even matchup on paper. The Minnesota Wild ice nearly a complete roster, meanwhile the Jets iced just a handful of players that are likely to play a significant role on the big club.
4. Unfortunately for the Jets, it was the veterans that accrued most of the minus.
5. Jacob Trouba was the only regular defender to lace em up tonight and he was on the ice for 4 goals against.
6. Same story for Mathieu Perreault. He had a rough night and nothing was working until he collected a late garbage goal. Adam Lowry and Nik Ehlers didn't fare much better. This pair, along with Perreault, could be the Jets 3rd line heading into the regular season.
7. Also well into the minus were, Brenden Kichton, Ryan Olsen and Andrew MacWilliams. Their play was legitimately as bad as the numbers. These players were already on the bottom of the bubble. Odds are all three are gone in the next round of cuts.
8. To top it off, Michael Hutchinson was far from great tonight. Next to nothing was working.
9. All that said, not everyone was horrible. I actually thought Nic Petan had himself a decent night and showcased some of the skill that will earn him a long look from the Winnipeg Jets coaching staff. Raffle wasn't half bad either.
10. Dumba has absolutely killed the Jets in the pre-season.