First two periods were listened to on radio, so they sounded more interesting than they were. Jonathan Quick is not an elite goalie; this is apparent on the radio. I have no comment on the referee calls, but they were less than good. All the injured guys are looking like they will take a bit to get back to speed and maybe the Los Angeles Kings are not the best team to get game legs back under oneself. Evander Kane definitely looked the best of the returnees.
After scoring 3 quick goals on Jonathan Quick, the Los Angeles Kings started getting a bunch of penalties called against them and ceded two power play goals. The second was a dominate period for the Kings, but Michael Hutchinson shut the door. The Kings scored two goals in the third and Zach Bogosian scored on a nice goal to send the game to overtime. When nothing happened beyond a bad penalty call on Andrew Ladd, the Jets managed to win in the shootout on a Bryan Little goal.
1. I would like to use this space to welcome back Tobias Enstrom, Mark Stuart, and Evander Kane. Your services have been missed. I am also pleased to see Stuart on the third pair; I am not pleased that his partner is Jay Harrison.
2. Dustin Byfuglien decided to go bowling tonight while playing hockey.
3. When is Michael Frolik going to get a new contract? Asking for someone who is a fan of Michael Frolik. Maybe a contract like Mathieu Perreault's contract will do it.
4. Kyle Clifford decided to throw a hit against a defenceless Anthony Peluso. Just trying to emulate his scoring comparable Dustin Brown.
5. Andrew Ladd has taken some bad penalties this year. Is this the beginning of his decline?
6. Nothing against the replacements, but I really like having Tobias Enstrom back on defence. A lot. He's great. Buffstrom should happen again. Now if Paul Postma can play instead of Jay Harrison I will be really happy.
7. After a slow start to the season, the Los Angeles Kings are back to being FancyStats monsters. They dominated the Jets in the second. It happens. Thankfully, Anaheim is not a FancyStat monster.
8. That goal was building for a period and a bit. Marian Gaborik is good. Michael Hutchinson should have just settled the puck down for Enstrom. Hutchinson is not good at handling the puck. And this goal happened seconds after I said the Jets could just not let the Kings score. Sorry.
9. Paul Maurice butting the glass and being asked to stop by security. When the opposing coach does it, it is wrong, but when fans do it, they are allowed to be #Glassholes.
10. The Los Angeles Kings are good at forcing dump ins. Their team defensive play is impressive and makes the game boring.
11. Mark Scheifele does the opposite of #ScheifeleDown and Drew Doughty does not like it one bit. (GIF via @myregularface)