Well, dear friends, the Winnipeg Jets have arrived at their final stop of the season. It was unfortunately quite a bit shorter than anticipated. After sweeping the Oilers, the Jets now find themselves the ones being swept by the Montreal Canadiens. Hockey truly does exist just to hurt us. I don’t have much to say on this one, truth be told. Winnipeg kinda got obliterated, despite a scoreline that looked very close. Thank you, Hellebuyck, for being a beast. And thank you, readers, for making this another successful season at AIH! We’ll have plenty of content over the next few months for you to pore over as we march towards the next season.
- Winnipeg got the result it deserved. I think we all knew where this series was heading after the first few games. Tonight’s OT loss was fair.
- Logan Stanley scored 2 goals! That’s pretty nuts for a kid who usually shoots wide on most of his attempts. Congrats to the young giraffe. May he keep doing that, please.
- The off-season will be long and winding. I can only hope we finally start to see some progress with this team. I miss the days when Jets fans could anxiously await the next game because it was gonna be fun to watch.
- Watching Hellebuyck at the end of tonight’s game was painful. You could tell how badly he wanted to steal his team at least 1 win. He dang near pulled off a ridiculous heist.
- I don’t know about you but I feel slightly relieved the series is over. Winnipeg is out of gas and could use a shake-up at the top. Maybe this springs it into motion (probably not, but hope never dies).
- Who was your MVP of the season? Let me know in the comments below.