The Winnipeg Jets are in deep doo-doo. If game 2 against Montreal didn’t spell it out....well, yeah, the Jets are in deep doo-doo! Winnipeg is running low on time and ability (at both ends of the ice). In a thoroughly dreadful, boring performance, a lone shorthanded goal was enough to sink the Jets. You heard that right...a shorthanded goal. Yep, things weren’t great. Normally, I do 10 takeaways, but there just wasn’t much to take away from tonight’s game. Below are a few thoughts/hot taeks/whatevers.
- The new-look lineup was bad. Pretty much every skater struggled in one way or another. PLD wasn’t capable of filling the 1C role. Ehlers looked like he wasn’t feeling 100%. The bottom-6 was basically a nonfactor.
- The defense was....oh dear. Stanley had a nightmare outing. Morrissey was ungood. Poolman....yeah. About the only defender of note was Good Boi Pionk. I love Neal Pionk.
- Winnipeg really didn’t create much of anything. I have so few genuine notes because there wasn’t much to write about!
- Hellebuyck was unbelievably good. Had he not stood tall, the Jets would have been out of this one even earlier.
- The Jets now travel to Montreal for a back-to-back set. Even with the potential return of Stastny...it seems grim.
- I don’t think Winnipeg is winning more than 2 games, so enjoy this playoff action while it lasts.
- What are your weekend plans? Got anything fun going on?