Pre-season hockey is where the weirdness happens. The Winnipeg Jets took a brief visit to the city of Edmonton and played the local professional ice hockey team. Some things happened, both good and bad. Given that the Oilers iced a nearly-full starting line-up against Winnipeg’s squad of Moose-bound players and prospects, you can probably guess what happened. Without further ado, here’s the recap of the evening’s occurrences!
0-0 for the first 10 minutes.
1-0 Edmonton - Puljujarvi (Bear), 10:16.
2-0 Edmonton - Nugent-Hopkins (McDavid, Rattie), 2:05.
2-1 Winnipeg - Dano (Griffith, Morrow), 4:43.
2-2 Winnipeg - Lowry (Copp, Morrissey), 5:53.
2-3 Edmonton - Rattie (Marody), 4:43.
2-4 Edmonton - McDavid (Rattie, Bouchard), 2:58.
3-4 Winnipeg - Copp (Niku, Morrow), 6:01.
3-5 Edmonton - Nugent-Hopkins (McDavid, Rattie), 10:11.
3-6 Edmonton - Lucic (Draisaitl, Klefbom), 16:01.
3-7 Edmonton - Rattie (McDavid, Larsson), 18:45.
- Sami Niku and Eric Comrie had spurts of great play!
- Josh Morrissey had a stellar set-up pass on Lowry’s goal.
- The Copp-Lowry-Tanev line went back to doing it’s thing.
- Basically everything else...
- No more Stanley-Morrow please.
- Ty Rattie is the biggest winner. The McDavid boost shall be sweet.