The Winnipeg Jets entered tonight’s game with chance to end Taylor Hall’s point streak and they did. Patrik Laine moved within a goal of Alex Ovechkin in the Rocket Richard race, and he also tied Sidney Crosby in the “goals scored as a teenager” race. What a player.
The Jets were without the services of Steve Mason who is out with another injury and Dmitry Kulikov left the game early with an injury. Oh why do the Jets want to ruin my eyes with Ben Chiarot and Joe Morrow on the same defensive pairing?
- Patrik Laine. There are no words for the roll he is on right now.
- Seeing Enstrom back in uniform is...I needed this. It is good to see the Jets slowly get the crew back together because they have a really good team.
- I really appreciate the fact that the Winnipeg Jets trolled me into thinking that Matt Hendricks would play between Kyle Connor and Blake Wheeler and by appreciate I mean I was really grumpy about it.
- Michael Hutchinson has made it to the game. For those who did not know that Steve Mason got hurt at practice, he got hurt at practice. Fun fact, Jamie McLennan is not eligible to be an emergency backup because he still has four games of a five game suspension to serve.
- Joel Armia is smart and has a good shot thank you very much.
- The Jets probably should start paying attention to stretch passes as they keep on getting burned by them. Of course Kyle Palmieri scored off of a stretch pass because they never did this.
- Connor Hellebuyck is very good at staying in position for the Jets and that is what makes him so good. He is able to make the hard saves because he is in position for the easy ones.
- Once again Paul Stastny has changed this team for the better. After being misfits for most of the season, Nikolaj Ehlers and Laine have found a home with the veteran centre. This alone makes the acquisition worth it.
- The Devils have looked like the superior team for most of the night, but Connor Hellebuyck has been equal to the task, keeping the Jets in the game.
- Connor Hellebuyck ended Taylor Hall’s point streak AND set a franchise record for wins. What a good goalie.