The Winnipeg Jets went into Carolina and played the supposedly playing well Hurricanes and managed to put a crimp into their making the playoffs after not being in them for most of the season. The Jets were in firm control until Jordan Staal scored with roughly five minutes left in the game. The Jets had to hold on by the hairs of their chinny, chin, chins.
Paul Stastny has been an excellent addition to the lineup and has made the third line a real threat. I must think of a proper name for them as the third line does not work with how they play. The defence on the other hand, needs to get Toby Enstrom and Jacob Trouba back as soon as possible. Thing look rough without them. Thankfully, Connor Hellebuyck is still stellar and the Jets won so yeah!
- Sportsnet lacks a fundamental understanding of players as they described Joe Morrow as a “nice and steady veteran presence”. While he is a veteran presence, his biggest issues are not being that strong defensively and making bad reads as he is often playing over his head.
- Patrik Laine has now scored more goals in the NHL as a teenager then Steve Yzerman. Next on his list? Sidney Crosby. Also, playoff time means the beard has to be shaved to grow another beard.
- The Canes earned their goal. They had a relentless forecheck that gave them a power play and then barely let the Jets near the puck. They earned their goal.
- Laine is in another universe. If this is a down year...
- Paul Stastny has looked so good for the Jets already. He gives them the offensive depth down the middle that they need. Sometimes when you lose, you win.
- I sometimes get flashbacks to Mark Stuart when I see Dmitry Kulikov on the ice because of the number. I rarely think that because of his play.
- Sportsnet thinking they’re funny for saying that Bryan Little does all the little things right and then laughing because Little/little. How else would you describe his play?
- Adam Lowry is nearing a return! Let Andrew Copp/Adam Lowry/Joel Armia become a thing and then we never speak of Matt Hendricks again.
- Paul Stastny got his second as a Jet after his captain was nearly decapitated. That line just looks so much better with Stastny instead of Little or Copp.
- Tyler, the time to go for an empty net goal is not when you are hanging on by a thread and wanting to pick up more points while without two of your top defenders. Stop it.