The Winnipeg Jets faced off against the Los Angeles Kings tonight and they did so with Eric Comrie in net. That alone is noteworthy and the fact he played well, even with the limited shots he saw, should be enough to get him another game or two to close out the season.
As for the Jets, they played exceptionally well and aside from my minor complaining about how this game was terrible because Laine got hurt, there is nothing bad to say. The Kings have not been a dominate team for a few years and the Jets were able to exploit that tonight. They were able to limit them in the slot and force them into taking penalties. Now if only Laine is not hurt for long...
- CONNOR HELLEBUYCK DID NOT PLAY TONIGHT!!!!
- Outside of Connor Hellebuyck getting some much needed rest thanks to Eric Comrie, nothing of note really happened unless we count Patrik Laine took a couple really hard shots, but that’s getting more and more like a routine.
- Raise your hand if you forgot Dion Phaneuf is a King and he scored a few goals in his first few games with his new team.
- Patrik Laine appears to be hurt because he blocked a stupid shot. Even if the puck would go into the net without him blocking the shot, no goal is worth Laine hurting himself. He’s worth at least 10 goals at this time of year.
- This game is the darkest timeline as Dustin Brown has now scored. Next thing you tell me is Jack Campbell turned the tide on the World Junior Championship Gold Medal Game in Saskatoon when he entered the game and made Jordan Eberle cry on his home turf.
- Kyle Connor has had an excellent rookie season. It is highly unlikely that it is enough to garner many Calder votes, but he has been so very good and valuable for the Jets this year it’s not even funny.
- This game is the most painful game I have watched this season and I watched the Montreal Canadiens play on Saturday. That’s what happens when Laine gets hurt and Brown scores.
- The Jets have double the amount of shot attempts (all situations) then the Kings. They deserve to win, yo.
- When your best scoring chance in the third period goes to Andrew Copp...you need more high quality scoring chances.
- THE JETS FINALLY WON A GAME IN OVER TIME AND IT WAS YOUR NEW KING, KYLE CONNOR!!!! BOW TO YOUR KING!!!!