Ah, the Winnipeg Jets versus the Dallas Stars. The Stars are an enigma and will remain so until the end of time. They have a terrific first line of Tyler Seguin, Jamie Benn, and Alexander Radulov. Beyond that they should have good depth, but it just is not scoring. On the other hand the Jets have depth everywhere upfront after acquiring Paul Stastny at the trade deadline.
Outside of the offence, the Jets just looked better overall. While Jack Roslovic should be in the lineup over Brandon Tanev, the lines did work. However, not including Roslovic in the lineup is important because it shows Paul Maurice’s mindset. He believes that Tanev holds more intristic value to the Jets than Roslovic even though Roslovic is far better overall then Tanev and the Jets have plenty of fowards who can play on the penalty kill. Maybe he wants to keep more penalty killers until people have shaken off the rust, but say that flat out because that would be accepted. Anywho.
- The lines are just bizarre. I am not going to hold lines or pairings against Paul Maurice when there have been so many injuries; however, it is slightly weird that one thinks that Brandon Tanev brings more to the Jets lineup then Jack Roslovic.
- If you think about it, Connor Hellebuyck has rarely had a backup this season. It is really weird that nothing has been done about this the entire year.
- I’m not sure if that call on Dustin Byfuglien is actually interference or if roughing would have been more appropriate. The initial play was solid defence, but the end was definitely a little rougher than necessary.
- I missed the first 3:30 of the second period skyping with my parents and the Jets got scored on AND Ben Chiarot scored. How?
- Patrik Laine is currently the NHL goal leader and on the longest point streak by a teenager in NHL history. Legendary.
- I really love it when the Jets play the Dallas Stars and Kari Lehtonen starts. He is a special goalie who goes to show just how good the Atlanta Thrashers were at drafting goalies.
- How dare the Dallas Stars injure Jacob Trouba again. HOW DARE THEY DO SUCH A THING!!!!!!
- I will concede that the Dallas Stars are a fun team and not nearly as boring as former Ken Hitchcock teams have. I am almost impressed.
- Never got to the injury that Ben Bishop, but that was a significant moment in the game and a very awkward looking save that probably aggravated his previous injury. Why do I feel like all players come back too early?
- The Winnipeg Jets looked way better than they have in recent game and got tied the franchise record for wins in the process. Thank you, injury gods.