The Winnipeg Jets went into the Shark Tank to play the San Jose Sharks. In a difficult game that featured the Jets going down to five defencemen, the Jets prevailed by being awesome. In all honesty, the Jets let up after going up 3-0 in the first period and it almost came back to bite them. They got two goals of Joel Armia in today’s surprise performance.
While they did not always play their best, the Jets were able to turn it on when they needed it most so they could still end up on top in the end. For that I thank them as I was dozing off due to the late start of the game.
- The Bryan Little line is great at pressuring in the offensive zone. This might have to do with the fact that they have three skilled players all playing in their natural positions.
- The Blake Wheeler line is the opposite and I think that is because Laine and Wheeler are out of position and Laine and Connor are not good enough defensively to allow Wheeler to find success at centre.
- I do not like the hit on Dmitry Kulikov at all, but I am not certain that he will be suspended because of the precedence set with the Dustin Brown case and the fact he was tossed for the game, which was absolutely the correct call.
- I love it when the goalie ignores the kerfuffle and goes to check on his teammate instead.
- Joe Pavelski’s goal was on a perfect shot, but the Jets got very sloppy in their own end at the end of the period.
- Joel Armia with an excellent accidental pass to himself off of Marc-Edouard Vlasic’s skate. As Bob Ross would say, it was not a mistake, but a happy accident.
- Patrik Laine is often in okay position on defence, but he seems just a bit behind the play and that can cause some problems for the Jets.
- Dustin Byfuglien is a really annoying player because he can turn a game for better or for worse so easily. He took a rather stupid penalty late in the third after the Jets got scored on for no reason. On the other hand, the Sharks countered the move with a stupid penalty of their own.
- For the game winning goal, please see above and agree that Byfuglien showed the good he can do.
- When the Sharks start a power play the Jaws theme song plays. Music game on fleek.
- If there was a god, I would have done this entire recap in The Office and Parks and Rec GIFs. But alas, there is not one.