Hello everyone! The only thing better than hearing new perspectives is checking in on old friends, and Episode 36 of the AIH 20416 Podcast was a time for the latter. In addition to our guests, the conversation also featured a bit of everything: Mark Stuart being hammed, 2016 Draft-eligible prospects, Alex Ovechkin and the greatest NHL players to never win a Stanley Cup.
First up was the next installment in our "Rivalry Series" segments, this time highlighting the Western Conference Finals. Representing the Blues was Laura Astorian (@hildymac), Site Manager of SB Nation's St. Louis Game Time, versus San Jose Sharks champion Zachary DeVine (@zakkthebear), contributor with Hockey Prophets, Last Word on Sports and Dobber Prospects. Their trial by combat included:
- Belief, mental toughness and shirking past narratives
- Which line has been most impressive for St. Louis?
- The importance of grizzled veterans Joel Ward and Troy Brouwer
- How key is the power play to San Jose's chances?
- Whether Ken Hitchcock and/or David Backes will return next season
Our rolodex continued to prove useful as we were once again joined by Chad Schnarr (@schnarr17), co-founder, editor and writer with Bolt Prospects. While there was no Penguins opponent to Game 1 gloat at, our guest did regale us with tales of:
- Jonathan Drouin: redeemed?
- Who right now is the Lightning MVP **cough Victor Hedman cough**
- In light of Ben Bishop's injury, concerns over Andrei Vasilevskiy's game
- Reaction to the Ryan Callahan contract and hit on Kris Letang
- Any areas of the game where Tampa Bay has a definitive advantage over Pittsburgh
Last but certainly not least, we were joined by Oliver Francies (@terpanese) of Seamore Sports, a site I'd recommend you also follow on Twitter and Like on Facebook. Before chatting a little about Patrik Laine, Auston Matthews and Jesse Puljujarvi, our discussion touched upon:
- What went wrong for the Washington Capitals
- Alexander Ovechkin and his dedication to the national team
- Was this a team with an overreliance on the power play?
- Were the additions of TJ Oshie and Justin Williams a success?
- Trying to explain the playoff struggles of Evgeny Kuznetsov
Click on one of the links below and give it a listen!
1. Take a gander online here.
2. Visit our page on CyberEars.
3. Download the .mp3 file directly (right-click link, Save As..., etc etc).
4. Listen, subscribe and rate us on iTunes.
Tune in, let us know how we did in the Comments section below, and be sure to send your questions, concerns, thoughts and haterade our way by tweeting @AIH20416 or e-mailing email@example.com. Remember to follow Alan at @sliiiiip and myself at @PhilipAIver. Thanks for reading, and thanks for listening!