A sort of cruel twist of fate took place tonight. Like many games in last year's playoff series, the team who was leading for most of the game, lost. Tonight, this happened to be the Anaheim Ducks. A team that probably would have benefited from that extra point in the highly contested Pacific Division.
Next up on our California road trip is San Jose before the grand finale in Los Angeles.
- Props to Brandon Tanev on his NHL debut. Didn't catch much of the game, but he didn't look out of place. Not much more you can ask for in a debut.
- Also to Jansen Harkins and Brendan Lemieux for their AHL debuts tonight. Lemieux will be staying with the Moose next season, while Harkins has another year in the CHL first.
- Michael Hutchinson had a good game. Boost that trade value.
- Goodbye Auston Matthews.
- Looking towards next season, is there any way a forward isn't traded?
- It's 1:00 AM and I am tired.
What did you think of tonight's game? Upset that the tank is stalling? Ready for offseason speculation? Let us know down in the comments!