Hello everyone! While the 2015-16 Winnipeg Jets are but a distant memory, the party never stops on the AIH 20416 podcast! Recorded on April 24th, we had a terrific slate of guests joining us this week to discuss Nashville Predators vs Anaheim Ducks, the Los Angeles Kings and WHL prospects, both those eligible for the 2016 NHL Entry Draft and some names already in the Jets system.
Episode 33 is up! Come hear us chat with @EricTheHawk @3DLink @Sheng_Peng and @RDFigs19 now! https://t.co/nUVCs6S0xr— AIH 20416 Podcast (@AIH20416) April 25, 2016
Our first segment was a continuation of the AIH 20416 rivalry series, in which two current playoff foes go toe-to-toe (AKA engage in a polite and informative conversation). Episode 33's matchup featured @EricTheHawk of Anaheim Calling facing off against On The Forecheck's @3DLink. Be sure to check out Anaheim Calling: The Podcast and The Predcast, but not before listening to their conversation on such topics as:
- What shifted for the Nashville Predators over Games 3-5
- The impact of changes to the Anaheim Ducks line combinations
- Whether Mike Ribeiro can still hockey
- How Anaheim adjusts its playing style depending on if it's John Gibson or Frederik Andersen in net
- Thoughts on a then-hypothetical Game 7
Segment Two was a more somber affair, which is to say a postmortem on the 2015-16 Los Angeles Kings. Joining us for the autopsy was @Sheng_Peng of Jewels from the Crown, who doubles as both LA Kings writer and Ontario Reign point man. Lamentations included:
- How surprising the loss to San Jose was
- Jonathan Quick: elite goaltender?
- Trying not to make Luke Schenn/Rob Scuderi/Vincent Lecavalier moves
- The Kings' championship window and continuing to push while it's open
- Drew Doughty, Norris Trophy talk and the state of LA's d-corps
Our final guest was @RDFigs19, co-founder of whlstats.ca, your go-to destination for in-depth statistical information on the Western Hockey League. With Paul a WHL connoisseur, our discussion reads like a laundry list of prospect names both drafted and soon-to-be:
- Nolan Patrick: how good is he?
- Winnipeg Jets prospects with the Red Deer Rebels, Michael Spacek and Nelson Nogier
- Projections for 2016 draft-eligible WHL skaters prior to 2015-16's commencement
- Jake Bean, Kale Clague and which defenceman might best fit Winnipeg
- Additional nuggets on Lucas Johansen, Tyler Benson, Sam Steel and Libor Hajek
Now that you have a vague idea of what we got up to, be sure to click on one of the links below and give it a listen!
1. Take a gander online here.
2. Visit our page on CyberEars.
3. Download the .mp3 file directly (right-click link, Save As..., etc etc).
4. Listen, subscribe and rate us on iTunes.
Tune in, let us know how we did in the Comments section below, and be sure to send your questions, concerns, thoughts and haterade our way by tweeting @AIH20416 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Remember to follow Alan at @sliiiiip and myself at @PhilipAIver. Thanks for reading, and thanks for listening!