The Jets lost tonight in a game that needed to be over in 60 minutes. It wasn't. Despite the Jets' terrible record trailing after two periods, the Jets decided that they wanted to play another. That didn't work out as Flyers Shayne Gostisbehere and Claude Giroux had enough shenanigans, so they scored so everyone could go home happy. The Jets unwillingly get dragged closer to a draft pick, and the Flyers get pushed towards a playoff spot. Everyone wins. Kind of.
- I love Shayne Gostisbehere. I really do. He's, as the Flyers fans say, the 'Number One Hockey Boy'.
- Can we finally end the Scheifele/Couturier debate? As @hockeylake72 on Twitter eloquently stated: "Choosing between Scheifele and Couturier is like choosing between pizza and ice cream. They're different kinds of good". Perfect analysis. I'd like to add that "Everyone has their preference, they're both correct answers."
- Three point games. They're okay when you aren't tanking. Now it's just frustrating.
- I sympathize with Flyer fans due to us both having young stud defensemen, (Trouba/Ghost) paired with terrible defensemen on even worse contracts (Stuart/AMac). We should start a club or something.
- Drew Stafford stood out to me tonight, and not in a good way. He looked lost at times and just seemed to float. (I support the tank so I have no room to talk but...)
- Jimmy Vesey (NSH 2012 Draft Pick) is pursuing free agency in August, do the Jets try and offer a contract?
- When can we expect the Kyle Connor era to start in Winnipeg? Is there actually a chance he stays in school?
- Once again, stop arguing about Scheifele and Couturier. They are both very good professional NHL hockey players.
Let us know your thoughts, hopes, dreams and complaints down in the comments! Talk about today's game or the one on Wednesday, we just enjoy the discussion.