Hello everyone! Recorded on January 31st, Episode 21 featured slight Winnipeg Jets fan, massive Philadelphia Flyers supporter @KitKat_P right from the get-go!
We spoke about the pain of having to be positive and recent articles by the lovely and talented Paul Friesen, before Alan hit us with questions to be answered on a 1-to-10 numeric scale! With 1 being completely unlikely and 10 being absolutely certain, we were asked whether:
- The Winnipeg Jets make the playoffs
- Andrew Ladd re-signs before the trade deadline
- Dustin Byfuglien re-signs before the trade deadline
- Both Andrew Ladd and Dustin Byfuglien are not on the Winnipeg Jets roster as of March 1st
- A player other than Buff or Ladd ends up being traded before the end of February
- Jacob Trouba receives an offer sheet
- The likelihood that Mark Scheifele's next contract is three years term or less
Want to know how we answered each hard-hitting question on Alan's numeric scale? You'll have to listen and find out! Our opening segment also featured which teams and players Winnipeg should target in discussions, praising what the NHL has become under Gary Bettman's watch, and a shocking playoff revelation from Kat!
Our next guest was John Fischer, Lead Writer with All About the Jersey, SB Nation's destination for all things New Jersey Devils. We spoke about Lee Stempniak's trade value, Lee Stempniak's awesomeness, and why on earth the Winnipeg Jets chose not to re-sign Lee Stempniak. Lee Stempniak, Lee Stempniak, Lee Stempniak.
If you know us, you know we went deep into the New Jersey Devils talk. Whether the topic was missing Lou Lamoriello, exceeding expectations in 2015-16, what Tuomo Ruutu has left in the tank, hopes for Pavel Zacha, Devils goaltenders not named Cory Schneider, or Travis Zajac being the Andy Greene of the forwards just to name a few, the conversation was a revealing in-depth discussion.
Much to Alan's dismay and horror, I asked about something called Vojtech Mozik, though our guest was kind enough to indulge the rather nerdy hockey question, in addition to giving us a beautiful haiku-ish summary of the Ilya Kovalchuk era.
We capped the episode off by debating whether we were beating a dead Lee Stempniak horse, talk of how the narrative changed by re-signing Drew Stafford, and what the Winnipeg market truly wants. Give it a listen!
1. Take a gander online here.
2. Visit our page on CyberEars.
3. Download the .mp3 file directly (right-click link, Save As..., etc etc).
4. Listen, subscribe and rate us on iTunes.
So tune in, let us know how we did in the Comments section below, and remember to send your questions, concerns, thoughts and haterade our way by tweeting @AIH20416 or e-mailing email@example.com. Remember to follow Alan at @sliiiiip and myself at @PhilipAIver. Thanks for reading, and thanks for listening!