The Jets were trounced tonight by the Boston Bruins with a final score of 6 to 2. As a Jets fan who is also a Bruins fan, I have many odd feelings about this but overall I'm happy beyond all reason. Why?
TANK. TANK. TANK.
1) Things we saw tonight:
Christ Thorburn vs. Zac Rinaldo
Tyler Myers (*swoon*) vs. Matt Beleskey
Blake Wheeler vs. Patrice Bergeron. (No, really)(That is a real thing that happened)(I'm not even lying)
Also, Dustin Byfuglien got mean with Precious Angel Child (David Pastrnak, for the uninitiated) after he jabbed at a puck hidden in Hutchinson's pads. What a weird little angry game for both of these teams.
2) Enstrom? Puck to the face? Ouch bud. I'm glad that he was able to come back sporting a nice line of stitches but his poor noggin...
3) I'm still on the tank train by the way. Nobody is gonna pry my ass off this seat. I'm riding this all the way to Auston Matthews Station. VIVA LA TANK.
4) Nikolaj Ehlers is super fantastic you guys. Not gonna lie. I really enjoy watching him play the hockey and I don't think I'm alone there. He's getting aggressive but staying pretty smart for the most part. I love it.
@junioryeoj @arcticicehockey https://t.co/V0qWp0kc05— Philip Iver (@PhilipAIver) February 12, 2016
5) Now it's time for a very special message for Chris Thorburn:
Hey buddy. It's been a while since we chatted and in that time, you appear to have grown an entire horde of muskrats on your face. Do you need some help getting rid of that infestation? Please let me know as soon as possible. I fear you are getting involved in some kind of host/parasite situation with those rodents on your head....
6) I feel for Hellebuyck. I don't know what I feel, but I feel for the poor kid. He's trying so hard you guys.
7) Auston Matthews shares a birthday with Alexander Ovechkin. This is an important fact to know just in case.
8) See above re: Nikolaj Ehlers
Snipe. pic.twitter.com/9UYkzg8m4V— Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) February 12, 2016
9) Bryan Little scored the Jets first goal of the game. I like Little. I like him a lot actually.
Number 18 scores number 17 on the year! That pass by Wheeler though pic.twitter.com/pRyAk4LO0g— Winnipeg Jets (@NHLJets) February 12, 2016
10) Casual reminder that the Jets lost to a team that got flattened 9-2 by the Los Angeles Kings last game and still willingly employ and play Zac Rinaldo and Kevan Miller every single game.
This Rinaldo pass. LOL. @ChillWencaster pic.twitter.com/Btbs3BCJxw— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) February 12, 2016
PS: If you're not following Pete Blackburn on twitter you're doing it wrong.
Good job Jerts. I'm so proud of you all.