It's not often the Jets have a lot of luck when playing back-to-back games, but they played a great game against the Colorado Avalanche and walked away with the win. Michael Hutchinson got his third career shutout tonight as the Jets won 1-0.
1. The Jets came out with a lot of energy and brought it to the Avalanche. It was obvious that the team really kept the momentum going after last night's win at home.
2. Michael Hutchinson's performance will make things interesting going into Sunday's game against the Buffalo Sabres. Both goalies came out of the gate cold and have now both have put on stellar performances. Most likely Maurice continues the rotation until one of them falters.
3. I know we like to rag on Mark Stuart here, put after his performance on the penalty kill late in the third, he earned a few more games.
4. Mark Stuart and Chris Thorburn enter the line up and the Jets start stringing together wins. Coincidence? I think not.
5. I was being sarcastic.
6. Joel Armia set up Shawn Matthias for the lone goal of the game. Armia keeps getting better and better every game.
7. I think the Jets' power play is going to finally click in the next few games. They keep getting great chances and the puck just doesn't isn't going their way.
8. Will Marko Dano enter the line up next game?
9. Paul Postma is back in the press box and this makes me sad.
10. Gotta love the ref bear hugging Byfuglien to keep him away from everyone.
What were your thoughts on tonight's game? Let us know in the comments section below.