The Winnipeg Jets kicked off the new year much better than they ended the last year with a 4-1 slaying of the San Jose Sharks.Tomorrow night the Jets head down to Orange County for another edition of the Teemu Selanne bowl against the Ducks.
- Good play does not erase the bad penalties. Despite the scoreboard, Dustin Byfuglien and Toby Enstrom's early penalties really put a damper on a good night. It seems however that the penalties are finally becoming less frequent.
- I can't say this enough. Connor Hellebuyck is good. A .964 save percentage tonight brings him to .929 on the year. Beating both of the other goalies this season by .023. There's still a chance though that he is sent down to the AHL once Pavelec is healthy, but the odds are getting slimmer each game.
- Special congratulations to Joel Armia for his first NHL goal. Was originally given to Matt Halischuk, but changed in the third period.
- Nikolaj Ehlers is back! Kind of. He ended his scoring drought with a beautiful empty netter to end the game. (Seriously. He bounced it off the board to himself).
- Speaking of beautiful, Matthieu Perreault's snipe.
- Not so beautiful, Dustin Byfuglien and Bryan Little both getting roughed up. Both returned but regardless, Joe Pavelski should expect a call from Player Safety soon about that hit on Little.
Corsi Recap: (Courtesy of war-on-ice.com and @amatoudi)
Tyler Myers - 3C/5F
Bryan Little - 3C/2F
Dustin Byfuglien - 3C/2F
Mark Stuart - -6C/-1F
Ben Chiarot - -7C/-2F
Joel Armia - -4C/-3F
What did you think of tonight's game? Ready for tomorrow's? What should Chevy do about the goalie situation? Let us know down in the comments!