After a tough first period where the Avs seemed to completely clog the neutral zone, the Jets came back and scored four second period goals.
1) Two fights from Chris Thorburn, with our severe lack of forwards, one has to think Maurice wasn't too happy that he fought Cody McLeod twice. Even though Thorburn is just a plug, we have no talent to call up if he has a broken hand.
2) Speaking of Thorburn, what a nice saucer pass!
3) In another unicorn sighting, Bryan Little assists on Dustin Byfuglien's goal with a one timer. He never does one timers. Ever. He later scored with his usual "two timer".
4) Pavelec was decent in net, two of the goals were the result of the shooter simply being too close to the net.
5) The second line were the three stars tonight, and they combined for eight points. Mark Scheifele seems to be gaining confidence. Buff seems to be in the crowds favor, perhaps they like what happened with Evander Kane?
6) Was that not a drawn penalty on the Blake Wheeler partial break away? Was the rule not changed?
7) Nice to see the fourth line keep the puck in the opposition zone for stretches. It seemed to change the momentum of the game in the first period.
8) Paul Maurice seemed to be putting out the third and fourth lines quite a bit in the final period, saving up the energy of our top six. It's a very good thing that this was not a close game.
9) Kevin Cheveldayoff needs to pick up a forward or two. We only have 11 forwards(excluding Buff) and Eric O`Dell is still injured.
10) Evander Kane who?
The Jets return to action on Tuesday when they face the Wild, another key divisional game. Give us your thoughts below.