The Winnipeg Jets began a brutal four game road trip with a trip to Minneapolis. It wasn't a pretty start. The Jets allowed four goals against in the second period to put themselves in a deep hole
1. The kids are back! Nic Petan and Andrew Copp returned to the 4th line along side Chris Thorburn. That was exciting conceptually, but didnt really mean much until much later when the line blender hit.
2. Play was relatively even throughout the forst period. Both teams generated chances and the teams traded goals to finish 1-1.
3. The Wild broke the tie with a breakaway clapper off the stick of Thomas Vanek. This was the first of many goals against in the second. Erik Haula also scored on a breakaway then Vanek added another after absolutely undressing Paul Postma. Poor, naked Paul Postma.
4. The Wild weren't done there. Chris Porter potted another to ensure most every Jet was in the minus. Yuck.
5. Speaking of poor, naked Paul Postma... he was burned for two of the second period goals. His partner had a hand in it, his turmover led to the 4th goal, but it it is hard to imagine the Postman will be in the lineup on Thursday.
6. From there came the regular gameday penalty parade. Why? Because Jets.
7. Perhaps scarier than all of the goals against in the second was watching Nikolaj Ehlers skate off the ice gingerly. He came back, but 100% of Jets fans crapped their pants.
8. That isn't to imply that Jets' fan pants weren't thoroughly crapped at this point. Everyone had already crapped themselves - most notably the Jets.
9. The third period saw a line blender and goals from Blake Wheeler and Bryan Little to keep things interesting, but it did little to lift spirits after that mess.
10. Should probably take a second to talk about goaltending. Michael Hutchinson was good tonight, unfortunately he was the Jets second goalie after Ondrej Pavelec was pulled.
I like wins better than this crap. *sigh*