he Jets dropped a heartbreaker to the hated Blues today. Stupid penalties and poor personnel decisions plagued the Jets against a very good St. Louis team. The final score was 4 - 2 in favor of the Blues.
A few thoughts...
- Jacob Trouba's elbow to the head, was bad. Does he get suspended?
- Ondrej Pavelec continues playing great. Does he maintain?
- Nikolaj Ehlers is really good at playing hockey. His assist came on an absolute laser from the point. It deflected off Drew Stafford on the way past Brian Elliot.
- Blake Wheeler is pretty good too. He picked up another point, giving himself 8 in 6 games.
- If Trouba gets suspended, do we finally see Paul Postma?
- The Blues are definitely the Jets' biggest rival. These teams REALLY don't each other.
- Anthony Peluso over Nic Petan? Really? If you want to drop a fourth liner, drop Thorburn instead. Don't kill the PP.
- For real though, I thought Peluso was supposed to be in there to prevent the Blues from taking cheap shots. That hit on Mathieu Perreault was a massive cheap shot. It didn't work.
- The PP worked well today, with both Jets' goals coming a man up. That said...
- STAY OUT OF THE BOX. Giving a tough opponent multiple PP opportunities late isn't a winning proposition.