After a frustrating loss at the hands of the Anaheim Ducks, the Winnipeg Jets look to rebound against the Florida Panthers. Meanwhile as the Panthers are in the midst of Western Canada road trip and they look to collect their fourth win in a row. Both teams are in the thick of the race for a wild card spot in their respective conferences.
Puck drop is set for 7 PM CT. You can catch all of the action on TSN3 or you can listen to the game on TSN1290 radio.
Keys to the Game
Keep Rolling: As the Florida Panthers gear up to face the Jets, they look to extend their win streak to four games. This marks the sixth and final game of the Panthers road trip. A win tonight would give the Panthers a 5-1 record on the trip. This recent surge of energy on the road trip has really helped the Panthers playoff chances. The Panthers currently sit one point out of an Eastern Conference wild card spot with 49 points.
By The Numbers
- 3rd in Wild Card race with 49 points
- 5th least amount of goals per game ( 2.38)
- 11th least amount of goals allowed (2.50)
- 2nd worst power play in the NHL ( 13.3%)
- 13th best penalty kill ( 81.6%)
- 7th most shots per game ( 31.4)
- 8th most shots allowed per game ( 30.3)
- 16th ranked Faceoff percentage ( 49.3)
Player to Boo Mercilessly
Aaron Ekblad ranks third in rookie scoring and first among rookie defenseman scoring with 24 points. The kid has made waves throughout the league and surely will be in Norris Trophy conversations for years to come.