The Winnipeg Jets started off the game against the Anaheim Ducks extremely well. Bryan Little started off the game with a beautiful shot on the power play. That was the last time the Jets lead. Jakob Silfverberg pulled the Ducks even with a power play goal in the second; a goal that he scored while floating in the middle of the ice unscathed. The second featured two more goals: one that should not have counted and one that came off of a Michael Hutchinson error. The fourth goal was an empty netter.
Now, the controversial second goal for the Ducks should not have counted simply because Hutchinson is allowed to push out into ice to make a save. If someone prevents him from doing that, there should be no goal. Period. End of discussion. I am too lazy to find the rule right now, but it is in the rulebook.
1. Hockey game/are you ready/on the ice/pucks are whistling/A beautiful night/The Jets are a sight/Watching games on CityTV
2. Have a holly jolly Jets game/They're the best games of the night/I don't if they will win/But they really try/Have a holly jolly Jets game/And if you want, you cheer/Go Jets go with friends you know/Or have another beer.
3. Mumpity, mump, mump/Mumpity, mump, mump/Look at the Ducks go/Mumpity, mump, mump/Mumpity, mump, mump/Over to the CDC
4. City sidewalks, busy sidewalks/Dressed in hockey game style/In the air there's a feeling of winning/Hutch is saving/Stu is sliding/Meeting cheer after cheer/And at every ref whistle you hear/Go Jets go/Go Jets go/It's hockey time in the city.
5. Little the two way forward/Has a very awesome shot/And if you ever saw it/You may even say he's hot/All of the other players/Used to laugh and call him names/They never let poor Little/Join in any hockey games.
6. I'm dreaming of a Jets wi-in/Just like the ones I sometimes know/Where the goalie glistens/And the players listen/To their coach yelling at the refs.
7. You better watch out/You better not cry/You better not fight/I'm telling you why/Tony P. is coming to town/He's making a hit/And racking up PIMs/Gonna get called by the ref once or twice/Tony P. is coming to town.
8. How the refs eyesight is frightful/And the score is not delightful/And since the Jets are down a goal/Let it go, let it go, let it go!
9. Watching hockey by the gas lit fire/Jets are losing on my TV/Gary Galley not knowing the goalie interference rules/And men dressed up like referees
10. Said Vatanen to Hutchinson/Do you see my shot/Whizzing through the air at your head/Do you see my shot/The shot, the shot/Whizzing to your head/With a sound so loud it breaks a mic//With a sound so loud it breaks a mic.
Now, I am off to watch White Christmas.