1) Our left side D seemed a little stronger tonight, the Sabres didn't seem to make a concentrated effort to go through the neutral zone on our left side.
2) Michael Frolik continues to prove his worth. That shorthanded read was a thing of beauty. If this kind of play continues, what will Kevin Cheveldayoff offer as a contract?
3) Goaltending continues to be a story with the Jets. Pavelec had a decent game, but not a strong game. If Maurice wants to play him against the Boston Bruins on Friday, why didn't Pavelec play last night?
4) As much as Patrick Kaleta is disliked around the league, that was a bad hit by Adam Lowry. Will he be suspended? That is likely going to happen.
5) What the hell was Buff doing on that two on one? Even peewee players know to stop the pass, not the shot.
6) Fatigue continues to be an issue, the Jets dominated the first two periods allowing only 10 SOG against, but came out flat in the third.
7) Was Chris Stewart auditioning for us? His year has been terrible, yet he played a decent game and scored the Sabres only goal. Sportsnet reports that the Jets are interested in acquiring the right winger. He did have a decent lockout season, but has always been inconsistent. Carrying a $4.125 cap hit, he better come cheap.
8) The new power play is much better. The Jets were running an old school overload previously, and it just doesn't seem to work with our personnel. The "umbrella with a post" they're currently running is much more modern and seems to work.
9) The penalty kill continues to dominate, generating very little shots against and of course a short handed goal by Frolik.
10) Hopefully Tobias Enström and Mathieu Perreault return soon, their services will be needed. The thought of Jim Slater in our top 9 will turn anyones stomach.
11) The Jets are currently 3rd in the central division, but have played 24 games which is the highest in the league. We have been in this position before.
The Jets head to Boston to play the Bruins on Friday the 28th. The game will be on TSN3.