Jets started slow once again allowing a goal less than seven minutes in and they never seemed to recover against the defending cup champions. LA's young second line, known as That 70's Line, of #77 Jeff Carter, #70 Tanner Pearson, and #73 Tyler Toffoli each had a goal for LA. Star center Anze Kopitar also had a goal for LA while the Jets first line center Bryan Little responded for Winnipeg.
Making his first start of the year was new netminder Michael Hutchinson. This time last year he was riding the bus at the "AA" level in the ECHL. It was not the start he imagined as he lasted less than 23 minutes before being pulled in favour of Ondrej Pavelec. He made just 10 stops on 13 shots. Meanwhile LA backup netminder Martin Jones made 29 stops allowing just the one goal.
1. This trip shows just how far the Jets are away from competing with the elite teams in the NHL. Injuries have already taken a toll. This is what happens when you only have two lines.
2. Not an easy situation for Michael Hutchinson. Rough game, although he did some of it to himself in particular the weak Pearson goal.
3. Paul Postma is quietly establishing himself as one of the better Jets defenders early on this season. He has been very consistent and safe. He is earning a chance to prove himself further, hopefully he will start to see time on the powerplay soon.
4. Bogosian, I just have no idea what is going on there. The tools are still clearly there. He has a ridiculously powerful skating stride and can be physical but continues to make mistake after mistake.
5. Can we get a defenseman that can skate in there for Adam Pardy please.
6. Dustin Byfuglien was unable to build off the anger of last game. He was mostly invisible in a game where his strength and speed should be very useful against the slower Kings.
7. Even normally reliable veterans like Andrew Ladd looked off. Ladd was caught puck watching or out of position quite a few times in this game.
8. Despite the poor outings it wasn't the worst game for the Jets. Wheeler and Little were both creating some chances. A couple better bounces and this might have been a very different game.
9. Speaking of Wheeler great job by him standing up for Scheifele. He is taking the leadership role seriously.
10. It is so nice to be out of California. The swing through San Jose, Anaheim and Los Angeles is likely the hardest road trip in the NHL these days. It was rough for Winnipeg without even making the stop in Anaheim.
The Winnipeg Jets return to action On Friday versus the Nashville Predators. What did you think of tonight's game? Share your thoughts below.