HERE I AM....ROCKED YOU LIKE
A HURRICANE EVANDER KANE!
Game 2 of a 3 game road trip finds the Winnipeg Jets once again encountering their rivals the Carolina Hurricanes in Southeast Division action. both teams are coming off losses on Wednesday that saw them go into extra time before finally succumbing to their foes.
the jets will be happy to know that Zach Bogosian will not be any lighter in the wallet or be missing any games for a hit on Cody Eakin on Wednesday, so he should once again be putting up big time minutes alongside Ron Hainsey on defense.
The Jets play again Saturday night against the Bruins, so Chris Mason finally sees some action tonight for the first time since injuring his groin in the 9-8 debacle win over the Flyers on October 27.
Keys to the Game, Player Numbers and Lineups after THE JUMP.
Keys to the Game:
- Everyday I'm Byfuglien. And I hope today it's the Byfuglien that is responsible on defense instead of getting caught up ice on pinches. I thought we had put that monster to bed, but there it was again on Wednesday.
- Evander Kane: Got neutralized quite effectively by Washington, but that does open up space for his line-mates so they need to capitalize on that.
- Alexander Burmistrov: Boggles my mind that he only saw 8 minutes of ice time on Wednesday. if he's a player of the future he needs opportunity to shine
- Stone Mason: Being rusty as a goalie is an instant game loser. Let's hope he isn't rusty.
- Defense: Don't make Mason carry the load alone, because that's pretty much what happened for the second period and first half of the third on Wednesday. The inability to maintain puck control and escape the zone should be deadly against pretty much every team.
Jets (GP 21 8-9-4 20 PTS)
#9 Evander Kane -- #18 Bryan Little -- #26 Blake Wheeler
#16 Andrew Ladd --#80 Nik Antropov -- #13 Kyle Wellwood
#15 Tanner Glass -- #19 Jim Slater -- #22 Chris Thorburn
#14 Tim Stapleton -- #8 Alexander Burmistrov -- #17 Eric Fehr
#5 Mark Stuart -- #39 Dustin Byfuglien
#6 Ron Hainsey -- #4 Zach Bogosian
#29 Johnny Oduya -- #36 Mark Flood
#50 Chris Mason
I don't expect to have to make any changes to this lineup, but stranger things have happened. Back to back games sees Mason slot in for Ondrej Pavelec, who will get the nod against Boston tomorrow.
UPDATE: The fourth line sees as a change up with Steam Punk going in for Jason Jaffray. maybe this is the spark Burmi needs. But I doubt it.
The Sugar Canes (GP 23 8-11-4 20 PTS)
#63 Jeff Skinner -- #12 Eric Staal -- #15 Tuomo Ruutu
#23 Alexei Ponikarovsky -- #36 Jussi Jokinen -- #59 Chad LaRose
#19 Jiri Tlusty -- #16 Brandon Sutter -- #39 Patrick Dwyer
#42 Brett Sutter -- #37 Tim Brent -- #13 Anthony Stewart
#5 Bryan Allen -- #6 Tim Gleason
#27 Derek Joslin -- #28 Justin Faulk
#51 Tomas Kaberle -- #4 Jamie McBain
#30 Cam Ward
Joni Pitkanen is close to returning, but not close enough and unless he makes a hell of a lot of progress between now and game time he will miss his eighth consecutive game.
UPDATE: Derk Joslin slots in for Jay Harrison on defense.
Player to boo mercilessly: Kaberle, Brent, Harrison, Tlusty and Ponikarovsky have all been Maple Leafs in recent years. That's as good a reason to boo as any.
Prediction: Winnipeg 4-0 Carolina. Chris Mason will shock the world and deliver a shutout.