Mar 26, 2012; Winnipeg, MB, CAN; Winnipeg Jets defenseman Zach Bogosian (4) before the game against the Ottawa Senators at the MTS Centre. Mandatory Credit: Bruce Fedyck-US PRESSWIRE
After putting together my own Top 10 Under 25 on Thursday, I wanted to open the floor to the court of opinion and give everyone an opportunity to provide their own Top 10s. Most people weren't so forthcoming, but we had a few responders who felt revisions needed to be made - since I include my own list in the community composite rankings, I could have totally cheated the process by counting mine 23 times towards the composite, once for each "Yup" vote in the original post. But I didn't.
After the jump, the community results...
Starting with the consensus #1:
- Evander Kane - None of the contributors denied Kane's right to the top, and I can't argue with that.
- Zach Bogosian - Neither was there any disagreement with Bogo's place at #2. He could be a great one.
- Bryan Little - Ditto #3. I guess that'll happen when your top 3 are all established NHLers.
- Alexander Burmistrov - A little dissent in the ranks here, but not much. Here's hoping he erases all doubt this year.
- Mark Scheifele - I dogged him pretty strongly, putting him at #8, but everyone else had him at 4th or 5th.
- Jacob Trouba - Most everyone had him right behind Scheif except me.
- Paul Postma - Questions about his defence bumped him down from where I had him (#5).
- Zach Redmond - I was accused of Redmond sympathies, but the consensus only dropped him two spots.
- Ivan Telegin - There's still some unsurety about him, but I think we're all excited about the possibilities.
- Carl Klingberg - See Telegin, Ivan.
As a bonus, here were our next four, in order: Adam Lowry, Patrice Cormier, Scott Kosmachuk, Spencer Machacek. Not bad, but not great either. It looks somewhat better than what we had when the team arrived in the 'Peg, but you'll notice that only two on the Top 10 are Winnipeg Era additions.
Some comments for discussion: No Zachary Yuen? Edward Pasquale? At what point before you'd add them? If Ondrej Pavelec had been included, where would he place? Where would Sean Couturier and Mikhail Grigorenko place up there? (That last one's for me).