10. I'd hate to see Vancouver Canucks' fans miss the opportunity to hold their annual spring riot.
9. Can't wait to bet the over/under on how long it takes Randy Carlyle to shove Phil Kessel into the doghouse.
8. Mario Lemieux will have time to explain, in 25 words or less, how he can afford a $20 million mansion yet he and his fellow NHL owners plead poverty.
7. I've missed Mike Milbury making an ass-clown of himself.
6. My Saturday night TV dinners just don't taste as good if I can't hurl food at the flatscreen when Don Cherry begins his sermon.
5. Without the Jets, there's nothing to do in wintry Winnipeg except shovel snow, shovel more snow and curl. (Oh, relax, I'm just kidding. Sort of.)
4. I can stop poking pins into my Gary Bettman doll.
3. James Duthie, Bob McKenzie and all the other talking heads on TSN can finally stop reporting that there's nothing to report.
2. If they don't start the season soon, the Phoenix Coyotes' 15 remaining season ticket holders might have to find something else to do—like get a life!
And the No. 1 reason I want the NHL lockout to end: I really, really want to know how much Dustin Byfuglien weighs.