Your Daily Jets Links
The news for yesterday was the jersey release. The Jets certainly did not blink in their connection to the Royal Canadian Air Force, despite some criticism of too much military influence in the logo. The jersey colors themselves are also influenced by the RCAF and the jersey presentation was not just on 17 Wing Winnipeg, it was orchestrated to really emphasize that connection. With military personal following the players out of the Hercules plane and standing on stage with them.
The jerseys are in baseball terms a solid line drive at the very least. At least a single if you don't like the logo. A double to triple if you do. They may not be a home run to some critics but it is impossible to consider them a strike out from any fair critique.
Links after the jump
- Various sources here discuss the jerseys. (The Sun with video) - (National Post) - (Globe and Mail) - (NHL.com) - (Illegal Curve) - (JetsNation) - (Winnipeg Free Press)
- Some nice High Quality Pics from the (National Post)
- On-line poll from the WFP illustrates a strong endorsement as of this posting (WFP Poll)
- Here is the entire presentation, if you missed it.
On the NHL Radar
- Guess who just got 400 million dollars in funding to build a NHL calibre arena (National Post)
The Jets Jerseys
Awesome (43 votes)
Average (46 votes)
89 total votes