A few links to start your day.
- The Jets logo is still making the rounds in the news with differing reactions from several sites. Uni Watch writers had differing reactions.
- Icethetics was not a fan but this was an early reaction immediately after it was released.
- Don Cherry loves the logo, not much of a surprise there with Cherry's famous support for the military.
- Ed Tait of the Winnipeg Free Press gave it a thumbs up.
- Here is a look at some other fan mock-ups if you are wondering what could have been.
Internet polls most everywhere give it a middling review. Polls in Canada show about 60-65% support for it.
I've made my view on the logo crystal clear and personally I think if you are Canadian you are more likely to be able to decode the RCAF element. One very common comment all over the Net is that people are quickly warming to it.
- Dale Hawerchuk had some music to my ears on honoring the past history of the Jets. I am not sure if I am in the majority on this or not but I totally agree.
Around the NHL
- Gary Bettman's salary has doubled since the lockout
- The Habs signed Josh Gorges to a one year deal.
- Kris Draper is expected to announce his retirement.
- The Canucks have signed Byron Bitz as reported here.