I'm not really sure why I hate the Bruins. I mean...sure they beat my previous favorite team (Vancouver) in the Stanley Cup finals last years. And sure they have that disgrace to tall people everywhere (Zdeno Chara). And sure they seem completely and utterly incapable of getting suspended for their consistently dirty play. But is that really reason to hate them?
Oh, it is?! Oh...well never mind then.
The Jets continue their stay in the lovely confines of the MTS Centre with a match against the Bruins, who they last saw on the 26th of November in a contest they lost 4-2. That was a contest on the road in which they were playing for the second night in a row. Now it's Boston's turn to go through the same thing. Boston was in Pittsburgh beating the Penguins 3-1 last night, so here's hoping fatigue is a factor. Tuukka Rask is the likely starter in net for this contest, as Tim Thomas got the nod last night.
The Jets will be looking to win their third straight after they started December with wins against Phoenix and New Jersey.
A few Jets are still on the mend and might not be available for action, and unless I hear otherwise, have been left out of my projected player lineups, which you can find alongside Keys to the Game and player numbers after...
Keys to the Game:
- Rock you like Evander Kane! The kid has 6 goals in his last 5 games and has come alive on the top line alongside Bryan Little and Blake Wheeler. More production from that unit would mean more positive results for the Jets.
- Fatigue: The Jets need to return the favor to Boston and make sure that playing on back to back nights hurts them where it counts: the standings.
- The B's are known for being physical and running over goalies and breaking necks. The jets need to
matchbeat them in this category tonight. A physically demanding game should favor the team that didn't play yesterday.
- I'd love to see a power play goal. It'd make my day. (Ed. Note: It might not make my day, I have no idea what events lie before me)
- Goaltending: Pavelec simply needs to show Rask who the dominant young up and coming European goalie is in the Eastern Conference.
Jets (GP 26 11-11-4 26 PTS)
#31 Ondrej Pavelec
Bahstin (GP 25 17-7-1 35 PTS)
#40 Tuukka Rask
If Rask doesn't start you can blow me down and call me Suzie.
Player to boo without mercy: Chara. I know I said his name last time, but I assure you he will be booed. If not by the other 15,003 in attendance then most definitely by me.
Prediction: Jets 2-3 Bruins (SO). I have this "I'm going to be disappointed" feeling about this one. i really hope i'm wrong but the bruins have been way to good of late to consider this anywhere near an easy point, let alone a win.
Here's hoping I'm wrong...in a good way!
GO JETS GO!