I've received various requests for analysis through my various soccer posts over the last couple of weeks and I wanted to consolidate them there. Questions so far:
- Analysis of Scoring Rates in Stoppage Time
- A look at the shot totals of World Cup teams that dominated passing
- Assessment of which teams got into scoring position, and how often they converted that into shots
- Do corner kicks result in more dangerous shots?
- Territory covered by different players
- Which player pairs pass to each other
- Most effective passers at each position
- The value of shooting vs passing from a particular spot on the field
- Shooting by Right- and Left-footed players
That will certainly take me from now through the point at which I get bored of analyzing soccer...But feel free to contribute additional questions of interest.